On our last night in Tokyo, we did it again and spend a long time trying to find a ‘nice looking’ place to eat in the Asakusa neighbourhood. Something just a bit more than a plastic chair and tube lighting, if you know what I mean.
We had seen this restaurant before, but it looked quite posh and we didn’t feel like cooking our own dinner at that moment, but now we wanted to celebrate our last day in style and have some fun, so here you go:
I Roast in Tokyo, Japan
They have their menu outside to have a peek. Looked good enough to us!
There are separate boots you can sit in, and above each table there is this black ‘chimney’ coming down to the grill. There is even is a little light attached to it. Let the grilling games begin!
How to make vegetables look amazing
Rice with… eh… things
All. The. Meat. What happens next is entirely up to yourself :)
This Asakusa restaurant definitely surprised us. It looked a bit fancy on the outside, but it was actually quite relaxed and affordable. I roast in Tokyo is definitely for you if you’re looking for a quiet night out, restaurant setting and of course great food.
Name: 焼肉だん (I Roast)
Location: 2 Chome-13-4 Asakusa, Taito, Tokyo 111-0032, Japan
Phone: +81 3-3847-5600
Order: I cannot remember exactly what we ordered, but I think it was a set menu with vegetables and meat and that was plenty for the two of us
Disclaimer: Everything paid from our own pocket.
Planning a Trip to Japan? Here are some great resources:
- Skyscanner – Find the best flights to Japan
- Booking.com – Find the best hotels in Japan
- World Nomads – Find the best travel insurance
- Get Your Guide – The most popular tours & activities around Japan
- ViaHero – Get help planning a trip to Japan from a local
- Magical Trip – Discover Tokyo, Osaka & Kyoto at night with a local tour guide
- G Adventures – Group travel to Japan
- Intrepid Travel – Group travel to Japan