Bedankt voor je interesse om samen te werken met The Travel Tester. Wij zijn een cultureel reis- en zelfontwikkelingsblog met diepgaande bestemmings- en natuurwetenschappelijke gidsen en recensies.
[we zijn momenteel bezig deze pagina in het Nederlands te vertalen – bedankt voor het geduld!]
We provide tips on travel planning, blogging and responsible living to a global audience and focus on topics such as -but not limited to- culture, history, arts & architecture, space, technology & natural science, gastronomy and outdoor activities.
On this page you can find what sets us apart, which audience we reach, case studies of previous campaigns and opportunities of working with us.
For our full media kit including the latest information on our audience, reach, engagement and affiliate revenue results, as well as one of our rate sheets (campaigns, reviews, branded and/or corporate content) – please get in touch.
The Travel Tester publishes and can communicate in English and Dutch.
Due to overwhelming requests, the following correspondence will unfortunately get no response:
- emails not addressed with either one or both of our names (Nienke and Nick, hi! we’re humans!)
- emails asking for do-follow link placements (we don’t offer these)
- emails asking for unpaid guest posts (we prioritize paid opportunities)
We hope these simple guidelines will save both of us time and energy. Thank you for understanding.
WORK WITH THE TRAVEL TESTER
WHAT SETS US APART?
At The Travel Tester, we encourage our readers to live the Space Lifestyle on Earth, by taking the first steps towards leading a healthier and more curious life and taking care of the planet, ourselves, and the people around us.
By covering unique space- and science-related activities all around the world and showing how people can train their own Astronaut Skills, we are on a mission to discover outer world experiences in everyday life!
IS YOUR DESTINATION, PRODUCT OR SERVICE A GOOD FIT?
If you are unsure if we would be a good fit for you to work with, please have a look at our page about Space on Earth, where we feature examples of a wide range of experiences around the world that tie in with our “Space Lifestyle” theme.
To make it even easier for you, please find some content ideas below around our main themes of space, culture and sustainability. If we believe in your destination or company’s mission, chances are that we can find a creative way to produce content around it!
SPACE CONTENT SUGGESTIONS:
- Does your destination feature “Moon- or Mars landscapes” tourists can visit?
- Are there any stargazing opportunities in your destination?
- Can visitors experience any “out-of-this-world” natural phenomenon such as auroras, bioluminescence, volcanoes, hot springs or (glowworm) caves?
- Does your destination have any observatories, space-, tech-, science- or exploration centers or other related types of museums or discovery centers that are interesting to visitors?
- Is there an opportunity specifically for kids to learn more about STEM in your destination or through your services?
- Do you run a space-themed live- or online event, class, workshop or course?
- Do you run a space/robot/sci-fi/AR/VR-themed restaurant, pub, hotel, exhibition, art installation, simulator, app or other service?
- Do you have products we can add to your Space Gift Guide?
- … as you can see, the possibilities are endless!
BONUS: Can you find an experience you offer on our list of TOP 100 SPACE EXPERIENCES ON EARTH? Then we definitely love to work together! Do get in touch and we’d love to talk further to see what we can do for each other.
CULTURE CONTENT SUGGESTIONS:
- One-day City Guides (Examples: Zamora in Spain, Dublin in Ireland, Fez in Morocco, Galle Fort in Sri Lanka)
- Behind-the-Scenes Factory Tours
- Behind-the-Scenes Farm Tours
- Local Food Tours
- Bucket List Experiences (Examples: Hot-Air Balloon Flight in India, Quad Biking in Mauritius, Ferrari Test Drive and Helicopter Ride in Italy)
- History & Archaeology Experiences (Examples: Ship Museum and Underground Passages in England, Mines in Italy)
- Creative Travel Experiences
- Self-Development or Business Book Reviews
- Unique Accommodation Reviews
- Travel & General Product Reviews
- … do you have a specific theme, activity or type of traveller in mind to build a campaign around? Get in touch, we love to share our thoughts!
SUSTAINABILITY CONTENT SUGGESTIONS:
- Are there opportunities to promote your destination out of season?
- Is there a possibility to travel to your destination by other means than flying?
- Are you a DMO for a destination that might be lesser known than nearby cities in your country (examples of previous partnerships: Magdeburg Germany, Exeter England, Grado Italy, Amarante Portugal, Yaeyama Islands Okinawa Japan, Oviedo Spain, Seinäjoki Finland, etc.)
- Does your destination have opportunities for visitors to be in nature or learn more about animal/planet care? (examples of some previous partnerships: visiting a spice plantation, going bird-watching, visiting a national park, going snowshoeing with a fireman, going hiking, etc.)
- Do you manage (locally/family-run) type of accommodation that provides a more positive environmental impact?
- Do you manage a local/family-run type of shop or restaurant that we can support?
- Do you manage a tour or activity that provides a positive environmental impact or supports locals?
- Do you run a charity we can support?
- Do you have an ethical/sustainable product or service that we can share with our readers?
- Does your destination or company implement smart solutions that make life better for people living in/travelling to a certain place?
- … we’d love to talk to you. Please also contact us with your own suggestions if you’d like!
WHO DO WE REACH?
With The Travel Tester, we reach over 50.000 unique visitors each month and we have more than 16.000 followers on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram combined and an additional 1.5 million monthly unique viewers on Pinterest.
To make sure that all the content we provide our readers with stays unique, all partnerships with The Travel Tester are customized.
We are part of the Mediavine advertising network and for all possibilities and our media kit, you can reach out to Nienke Krook via email@example.com
THE TRAVEL TESTER & DESTINATION MARKETING
Since 2013, we’ve worked on a variety of destination marketing campaigns that were either organised individually or were part of a bigger campaign.
We are available for tailored press trips, live social media campaigns and/or product reviews on location. The main goal with any partnership will be to assist you in promoting and increasing the exposure of your brand within the global travel community.
Here are some highlights from our previous work:
- #MyMauritius in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Mauritius
- #Motor Valley in collaboration with iambassador and Emilia Romagna Tourism
- #Transromanica in collaboration with Transromanica
- #WhatCoolLooksLike in collaboration with Traverse and Antigua & Barbuba Tourism
- #TBCasia in collaboration with the Professional Travel Bloggers Association and Cinnamon Hotels
- #Lombardia365 in collaboration with iambassador and Lombardia Tourism
- #Transromanica in collaboration with Transromanica
- #Gwanderers in collaboration with Gadventures
- #VisitBath in collaboration with Visit Bath
- #RukaKuusamo in collaboration with PING Festival and Ruka Kuusamo Tourist Association
- #24HoursinBritain in collaboration with Visit Britain, Visit England & iambassador – AWARD WINNING!
- #SpainCities in collaboration with Traverse Events and Spain Tourism
- #VisitSouthampton in collaboration with Four Travel and Visit Southampton
- #MustSeeMenorca in collaboration with Traverse Events and Spain Tourism
- #VisitFlanders in collaboration with Visit Flanders (Visit Vlaanderen)
- #DiscoverNI in collaboration with Visit Britain and Discover Northern Ireland
- #Escape2Goa in collaboration with Leave UR Mark and Goa Tourism
- #AustrianTime in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Austria
- #BeOkinawa in collaboration with Okinawa Convention & Visitors Bureau
- #LoveDublin in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Dublin
- #EnglishHeritage in collaboration with English Heritage
- #MustLoveFestivals in collaboration with Must Love Festivals and Den Haag Marketing
- #JoinGermanTradition in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Germany
- #MaltaIsMore in collaboration with iambassador and Blog Island Malta
- #VisitLuxembourg in collaboration with Visit Luxembourg
- #LoveWinter in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Canada
- #ILoveSenigallia in collaboration with TBNet and Social Media Team Le Marche
THE TRAVEL TESTER & SPONSORED CONTENT / REVIEWS
We have worked with many brands in the past and have produced branded content and product reviews on topics such as travel, lifestyle, food, space & tech.
The Travel Tester is available for conveying specific brand messages that are of interest or provide editorial value to our followers.
Some previous examples:
- Vail Resorts
- Wow Trip
- SS Great Britain
- Historic Royal Palaces
- Cinnamon Hotels
- UK Motorhome and Caravan Show
- Air Canada
- NS International
THE TRAVEL TESTER & CORPORATE CONTENT
Over the past years, we have created several pieces of content for travel-focused websites, for example for Expedia, Eating London and Viator. Are you looking for text or photos for your own website? We’re more than happy to discuss possibilities in creating content for you.
THE TRAVEL TESTER & VIDEO CAMPAIGNS
The Travel Tester has been part in several video campaigns, including the award-winning “24 Hours in the UK” campaign by Visit Britain and iambassador.
PRODUCED BY US
WORK WITH THE TRAVEL TESTER!
Whether it’s an invite to experience your product, tour, event or service on location, a press trip or live blog campaign, sponsored content or a (dedicated) product review… The Travel Tester would love to connect with you!
We offer packages that will fit any type of budget, so please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to request rates and our media kit.
PLEASE NOTE: We always keep full editorial control over all branded content. We can send a draft of the post before it goes live, but once the post is live it will not be edited. We always include a disclosure to inform our readers of partnerships.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
– Nienke Krook & Nick Vullings