The Fjällräven Kånken Backpack was made in Sweden in 1978, in a reaction to the popular shoulder bags that ruined children’s back while going to school. The pack was affordable, functional and had plenty of space for school children’s books and binders. It relieved them of most back pains and even corrected their posture!
The product hasn’t changed much over the years, except that you can now get it in a whole range of colours and models (a bigger version, a mini version and a laptop version)… and today on The Travel Tester “Things That Tick Thursday’s”, I’m taking you on a short review.
Fjällräven Kånken Backpack Review (Video)
Transcript of Video:
Hoi (Hi in Dutch), and welcome to TTT TTTT. Today I’m drinking Chamomile Tea from T2 and we’re testing the Fjällräven Kånken 16 Liter Backpack in colour 192 – Putty.
I was in need of a new day pack. It should be light, small, but big enough to fit my laptop, camera and other essential items for a travel blogger. Then I got this pack for my birthday.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
It seemed really small, but as a miracle my 13″ laptop fitted in the back pocket perfectly. The foam piece, which originally is meant for you to sit on during a hike, makes great padding.
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
When empty, the bag is super light, but the straps aren’t padded, so when you load the bag up too much, it can really cut your shoulders.
WHAT DOES IT SMELL LIKE?
WHAT DOES IT TASTE LIKE?
DOES IT MAKE ME HAPPY?
Absolutely! I love how something so simple can be so effective. It fits everything I need. It can even carry a cat! Multi-functional. Love it.
TICK OR MISS?
Easy. Definite Tick.
My backpack – a little bit dirty now, but seems to be easy to (hand) wash
The pack looks small, but fits quite a lot! Love the pockets on the side as well.
Disclaimer: I got this backpack for my birthday. Thank you mum & dad!
What do you think? Would you want or do you have a Fjällräven Kånken Backpack? What do or don’t you like about it?
Looking for more backpack reviews? Make sure to check out our following posts:
- Is This The Best Carry On Luggage I’ve Found?
- Flowfold Denizen Limited Tote Backpack Review
- Arcido Faroe Backpack Review
- Backpack Review Quechua Forclaz
- This Innovative Carry On Backpack Was Made To Spark Joy!
- Ultimate Carry-On Bag by Standard Luggage – Version 2.0
Also make sure to read:
- How to Use the Clever Konmari Folding Method for Travel
- 5 Unique Gift Ideas for Someone Going Travelling You Need to Know About
- Ultimate Road Trip Planner: Travel Checklist for a Long Car Journey
- Best Glamping & Camping Tips and Tricks: How To Make the Most out of your Holiday