One morning, we walked past the ‘ROX building’ (a building full of fun shops, as well as an Onsen) early in the morning and spotted this small café that clearly just opened for the day. Coffee? Green Tea Latte? Some French pastries? Eh… ok!
Here’s what that looked like:
St. Marc Café in Tokyo, Japan
The café is hidden under the ROX building and in the early morning it’s nice and quiet!
See Asakusa wake up at the window seats, or relax in one of their bigger chairs in the back
Ok, they are mainly focused on sweet stuff here, but it does look great!
The funkiest toastie I ever saw
Green Tea Latte yumyumyum
Not a clue what this is (spaghetti with caramel? black pudding with cream?), but you can buy it here, just so you know.
This cafe in Tokyo is a good choice if you’re looking for a quick break from anything to do with soy sauce and noodles. The Japanese love sweet food, and the pastries and shakes at this place aren’t the most healthy, but I’m sure Buddha will forgive you. Except when you order the caramel spaghetti. Because that’s just wrong, even in Japan.
Name: サンマルフ カフェ (St. Marc Café)
Location: Asakusa ROX, 1 Chome-25-15 Asakusa, Taito, Tokyo, Japan
Phone: +81 3-5806-1309
Order: Anything from the pastry section looked great, Nick said the coffee was also nice!
Disclaimer: Everything paid from our own pocket.
Planning a Trip to Japan? Here are some great resources:
- Skyscanner – Find the best flights to Japan
- Booking.com – Find the best hotels in Japan
- World Nomads – Find the best travel insurance
- Get Your Guide – The most popular tours & activities around Japan
- ViaHero – Get help planning a trip to Japan from a local
- Magical Trip – Discover Tokyo, Osaka & Kyoto at night with a local tour guide
- G Adventures – Group travel to Japan
- Intrepid Travel – Group travel to Japan