The Travel Tester is a cultural travel and self-development blog. We review meaningful products and experiences around the world.
We are Nick Vullings and Nienke Krook, two Dutchies who found each other in Sydney and now live together in London. After visiting 30+ countries and living as expats for almost 10 years, we would love to help our readers navigate the world and show them how to get the most out of their trip …and themselves!
Who We Are
Apologies for Nienke’s difficult name (it’s pronounced neen-kuh, but she doesn’t mind if you say it wrong), she is a former school teacher from Amsterdam, currently living in London. Nienke has been blogging since her first solo world trip in 2006 and has since become a full-time blogger and social media manager.
Nick is a full-time architect, also from The Netherlands. He often helps out creating photo and video content for our websites, or during blog campaigns. He has a strong sense of style and never misses even the smallest of details!
What We Stand For
The Travel Tester has a strong interest in topics such as self-development, entrepreneurship, productivity, culture, art and design and all areas of responsible living and sustainability. We are both millennials, Nienke an introvert, Nick an extrovert and we often talk about the (poor) state of the planet and how we live, think, consume, travel and work on it.
We are open to change and take (small) steps to live a more conscious life, for example by trying to eat less meat, go plastic-free as much as possible, buy quality and locally made furniture and making more sustainable and ethical travel decisions. We are curious about other cultures, languages and love finding out about innovating brands and initiatives that make the world a bit of a better place and we like to share this journey with our readers.
On our website, we offer readers:
- In-depth destination guides (one day in… / one weekend in…) with tips on getting active, eating well, learning new things and seeing art & design
- Reviews of meaningful accommodation, products, books, restaurants, tours & activities
- Tips & Advice on travel planning, self-development, blogging as a business and inspired home & living
How We Stand Apart
In 2017, Nienke was asked to become an ambassador for the space media & experiences company called ‘Space Nation‘. They have the mission to not only make space discovery, education and wellness available to everyone, but also to build a global community without borders of people interested in connecting to protect our planet, look beyond it and prepare for our next giant leap.
We have incorporated their message of living the ‘space lifestyle‘ into our website, which is all about recognizing that you have the power to take the steps towards leading a healthier, more curious life and that you actively educate and equip yourself with the skills and knowledge needed to improve the quality of your own life and that of others around you.
How We Would Like to Work Together
The Travel Tester is available for conveying specific brand messages that are of interest or editorial value to The Travel Tester’s followers.
Invite The Travel Tester to experience your product or service on location. When a good fit with our audience, we would love to share our experience with our readers.
The Travel Tester is only interested in press trips of 2 days or shorter scheduled on the weekend.
Have The Travel Tester share experiences live with readers through a variety of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Instagram Stories). There will be clear mentions of your brand, such as links to your social media channels and/or campaign hashtag(s) where relevant. We are also available to create video.
Please note that we travel with two people and that return transport from London and all expenses should be covered.
On our website, we don’t publish any third party content, but we would be more than happy to write a sponsored post for your brand around an interesting topic that we know our audience will engage with. A part of the fee will be spend on Facebook advertising to ensure the post has maximum exposure and reaches a relevant audience for your brand.
What better than having your products reviewed by a true ‘Travel Tester’? We offer honest reviews of items such as outdoor gear, books, backpacks, suitcases, sleeping bags, clothing & shoes, health & beauty products, electronics and some gadgets. Instead of a dedicated product review, we’re also open to include the product in an editorial piece instead. We offer packages for all budgets.
Please note that The Travel Tester always keeps full editorial control over all branded content. We can send a draft of the post before it goes live, but once the post is live it will not be edited. We always include a disclosure to inform our readers of brand partnerships.
Are you looking for text or photos for your own website? We’re more than happy to discuss possibilities in creating content for you.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO REQUEST RATES VIA firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2013, we have worked with many PR companies, destinations and travel brands on a variety of campaigns. We are available for tailored press trips, live social media campaigns, product reviews and/or ambassadorship. The main goal with any partnership will be to assist you in promoting and increasing the exposure of your brand within the global travel community.
A few of the campaigns we worked on:
- #24HoursinBritain in collaboration with Visit Britain, Visit England & iambassador 
- #OMGB in collaboration with Visit Britain & Discover Northern Ireland 
- #AustrianTime in collaboration with iambassador & Visit Austria 
- #BeOkinawa in collaboration with Okinawa Convention & Visitors Bureau 
- #LoveDublin in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Dublin 
- #MustLoveFestivals in collaboration with Must Love Festivals and Den Haag Marketing 
- #JoinGermanTradition in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Germany 
- #MaltaIsMore in collaboration with iambassador and Blog Island Malta 
- #VisitLuxembourg in collaboration with Visit Luxembourg 
- #LoveWinter in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Canada 
- #ILoveSenigallia in collaboration with TBNet and Social Media Team Le Marche 
Nienke Krook loves to share her knowledge on travel, self-development, social media and blogging as a business. Nienke has experience in public speaking at the following events:
- Traverse – Rotterdam, The Netherlands – May 2018
- Social Travel Summit – Inverness, UK – September 2016
- TBEX – Stockholm, Sweden – July 2016
- Britmums Live – London, UK – June 2016
- Trekksoft – Webinar – June 2016
- Ladies in Blogging – London, UK – June 2016
- Meet the Blogger – Amsterdam, The Netherlands – October 2015
- HMA (Hotel Management Association) – London, UK – June 2015
- British Guild of Travel Writers – London, UK – June 2015
- Travel Massive – Manchester, UK – May 2015
- TBEX – Costa Brava, Spain – April 2015
- TBDI (Travel Blogger Destination Italy) – Rimini, Italy – October 2014
- TBU (Travel Bloggers Unite) – Nantes, France – September 2014
If any of the above sounds interesting to you, we would love to get in touch to discuss how we can potentially work together to promote your destination, tour company or brand in a mutually beneficial partnership. Please ask for our complete media kit and rate sheet and we’d be happy to forward this to you.
You can contact us via email@example.com