We are inundated with advice on where to travel to, but seldom we ask why we go and how we might become more fulfilled by doing so – Alain de Boton
The Travel Tester is a travel and lifestyle blog encouraging readers to try new things and create their own happiness, while working on their self-development.
We write destination guides (focusing on the following themes: get active, eat well, learn something and see art & design), travel reviews (accommodation, restaurants, products, services, tours & activities) and practical tips on travel, business and life.
Our 5 core messages are:
- Create Your Own Happiness
- Try New Things
- Trust Your Instincts
- Learn for Life
- Keep Creativity Flowing
How can you work with The Travel Tester?
Editorial Coverage – Invite The Travel Tester to experience your product or service on location. When a good fit with our audience, we would love to share our experience with our readers. There is no charge for this service, but please note that we travel with two people and that transport from London and expenses should be covered. EXAMPLE
Press Trips – The Travel Tester is only interested in press trips of 2 days or shorter scheduled on the weekend. There is no charge for this service, but please note that we travel with two people and that transport from London and expenses should be covered. If you’re looking for coverage of 2+ days or during weekdays, please refer to our live social media coverage package below. EXAMPLE
Live Social Media Coverage – Have The Travel Tester share experiences live with readers through a variety of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat). There will be clear mentions of your brand, such as links to your social media channels and/or campaign hashtag(s) where relevant. This service starts at £ 400 per day. EXAMPLE
Sponsored Content – The Travel Tester is available for conveying specific brand messages that are of interest or editorial value to The Travel Tester’s followers. Content is always written by The Travel Tester, final text available for preview. This service starts at £ 300. EXAMPLE
Product Reviews – What better than having your product tested then by a true ‘Travel Tester’? We offer honest reviews of travel items such as backpacks, suitcases, sleeping bags, clothing & shoes, outdoor gear, health & beauty products, books, electronics and some gadgets. There is no charge for this service, although we do charge for additional video material and social media shares. This service starts at £ 250. We have a special package for apps and websites starting at £ 150. EXAMPLE / EXAMPLE
Sponsored Giveaways and Competitions – A great way to engage with readers of The Travel Tester is to provide a giveaway of appropriate value and brand nature to our readership. Typically, giveaways have a lifespan of 10 days and they are promoted through our social media platforms and emailed to our newsletter subscribers. This service starts at £ 300. EXAMPLE
Photography – Are you looking for high-quality photography of your destination, product or service? The Travel Tester is available for a variety of work to be used in your media bank or for social media and print use. This service starts at £ 200. EXAMPLE
Pinterest Campaign – With over 530.000 followers on Pinterest, The Travel Tester is one of the lead travel brands on this visual bookmarking site. We can promote individual pieces of branded content or create a campaign together with you. This service starts at £ 150. EXAMPLE
Please note that any requests for link-placements, link-swaps and/or any service below the minimum fees mentioned above will be ignored.
Since 2013, we have worked with various PR companies, destinations and travel brands on a variety of campaigns. We are available for tailored press trips, live social media campaigns and/or ambassadorship. The main goal with any partnership will be to assist you in promoting and increasing the exposure of your brand within the global travel community.
A few campaigns we worked on:
- #OMGB in collaboration with Visit Britain & Discover Northern Ireland 
- #AustrianTime in collaboration with iambassador & Visit Austria 
- #BeOkinawa in collaboration with Okinawa Convention & Visitors Bureau 
- #NBEFinland in collaboration with Nordic Blogger Experience 
- #LoveDublin in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Dublin 
- #MustLoveFestivals in collaboration with Must Love Festivals and Den Haag Marketing 
- #EnglishHeritage in collaboration with English Heritage 
- #JoinGermanTradition in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Germany 
- #XmasCardiff in collaboration with Visit Wales 
- #MaltaIsMore in collaboration with iambassador and Blog Island Malta 
- #VisitLuxembourg in collaboration with Visit Luxembourg 
- #LoveWinter in collaboration with iambassador and Visit Canada 
- #ILoveSenigallia in collaboration with TBNet and Social Media Team Le Marche 
- #YouthHotspotsGermany in collaboration with Visit Germany 
- #WachauGeniessezimmer in collaboration with Visit Lower Austria 
- #WeAreInPuglia in collaboration with Visit Puglia 
#BeOkinawa Japan Campaign 2016
#LoveWinter Canada Campaign 2014
The Travel Tester loves feedback from readers and always gives personal tips and advice. Readers are engaged on Social Media, as well as in blog comments and via email. We often receive messages from readers that have followed our travel tips, booked or bought a specific product because of our recommendation.
Providing travellers help in choosing the right destination, experiences and products that suit their own personal travel- and lifestyle is what we’re all about!
The Travel Tester loves to share knowledge on travel, personal development, social media and blogging as a business. Nienke has experience in public speaking at the following events:
- Social Travel Summit – Inverness, UK – September 2016
- TBEX – Stockholm, Sweden – July 2016
- Britmums Live – London, UK – June 2016
- Trekksoft – Webinar – June 2016
- Ladies in Blogging – London, UK – June 2016
- Meet the Blogger – Amsterdam, The Netherlands – October 2015
- HMA (Hotel Management Association) – London, UK – June 2015
- British Guild of Travel Writers – London, UK – June 2015
- Travel Massive – Manchester, UK – May 2015
- TBEX – Costa Brava, Spain – April 2015
- TBDI (Travel Blogger Destination Italy) – Rimini, Italy – October 2014
- TBU (Travel Bloggers Unite) – Nantes, France – September 2014
Please get in touch about speaking opportunities
If any of the above sounds interesting to you, we would love to get in touch to discuss how we can potentially work together to promote your destination, tour company or brand in a mutually beneficial partnership. Please ask for our complete rate sheet and we’d be happy to forward this to you.
You can contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org