The neighbourhood of Asakusa in Tokyo, Japan is know for it’s old-town atmosphere and historic Buddist temples. It is one of the most traditional districts in Tokyo. The finest part of Asakusa is centered upon several blocks around the centuries-old Asakusa Kannon Temples, or Sensoji, which itself is the main attraction of the area. Have a look at this map of Asakusa and Asakusabashi to find more things to see and do!
Looking to visit Japan as an independent traveller, but need a bit of help? Meet ViaHero! This company assists your trip planning by pairing you with a local. This way, you have the opportunity to talk to someone who really knows the area well so you will get the absolute most out of your experience. They will give you ideas for authentic experiences, insider knowledge and even phone support if you need it. Start building your own customized independent trip to Japan here.
And if that’s not all, readers of The Travel Tester get 5% off the ViaHero planning service by using this link!
Looking for more things to see or do in the Asakusa neighbourhood? Here are our articles about our favourite part of Tokyo:
Planning a Trip to Japan? Here are some great resources:
- Skyscanner – Find the best flights to Japan
- Booking.com – Find the best hotels in Japan
- World Nomads – Find the best travel insurance
- Get Your Guide – The most popular tours & activities around Japan
- ViaHero – Get help planning a trip to Japan from a local
- Magical Trip – Discover Tokyo, Osaka & Kyoto at night with a local tour guide
- G Adventures – Group travel to Japan
- Intrepid Travel – Group travel to Japan