Here at The Travel Tester, we’re all about encouraging you to try new things. That is why we show you experiences that make you get active, eat well, learn something and see art & design all round the world. Our mission is to help you choose authentic travel experiences that improve your quality of life.
Something that we also love to help you with, is picking the best travel gear for your next adventure. We understand that there is so much choice out there, it can be hard to find out what you really need to bring along. We test all products we feature on our website ourselves and give you an honest review, so you alway know if it is worth to spend your money on.
And today we have some amazing news to share with you…
One of our favourite products that we tested last year, the Standard Luggage 3-in-1 Carry-On Luggage, has just gone through an upgrade.
A bag already so perfect can become even better?
Yep, that’s right. If you’ve read our review of the Standard Luggage 3-in-1 Bag (version 1.0), you know how much we love this bag.
Standard Luggage Co. is a Canadian luggage and travel gear company that launched their first version of their stylish carry-on-sized travel backpack on Kickstarter in March 2015. And right now, they’re asking for help to fund version 2.0.
Why we Love This 3-in-1 Carry-on Bag
Here’s a quick recap of our favourite features:
- The bag is the maximum-sized legal carry-on that conforms to airline travel standards (We tried it on the measure-rack of Ryanair & Easyjet and it fits perfectly!)
- The bag is incredibly light (3.7 lbs / 1.68 kg), as it doesn’t have the weight of construction materials such as metal frames, rolling wheels, and retractable handles that you’d have on a trolley
- You can use the luggage three ways: as a backpack (our favourite), as a Messenger Bag (it comes with a detatchable strap) and as a Duffle Bag (simply slide over your trolley handle, so you don’t have to carry it)
- There is a separate slot for your laptop (so you’ll wizz through customs, we also keep our bag of liquids in this pocket, so I can easily reach it)
- The bag opens fully, so it’s very easy to get to all your stuff on the bottom without having to empty it first
- The bag further comes with many pockets inside and out, a rain cover and a safety whistle
What is Different in Version 2.0?
In version 2.0, there are some improvements to the bag, which I’m very excited about to check out ourselves:
- Detachable Computer/Tablet pocket (easily remove your laptop and tablet on the plane when your bag goes into the overhead locker)
- More padding on the backpack straps
- The shoulder strap is redesigned with a neoprene cushion
- Hidden pocket inside the bag for your cash and passport
- Other: reinforcement of weak points, more rain seal on the inside, redesign of the rain-cover, adding more pockets and zips here and there, and more…
Win Your Own Version 2.0 Carry-on Bag by Standard Luggage [NOW CLOSED]
We are so excited that we have the chance to give away yet another Standard Luggage 3-in-1 bag to you! We’re sure you’ll love it.
As we’re always looking to improve the content you can read here on The Travel Tester, for this competition we ask of you to fill in a couple of questions in our Reader Survey. They are designed to help us help you and by answering them not only do you have the chance to win this amazing bag, but it really helps us to create more articles about the topics that you’re interested in. Win-Win-Win, we’d say!
Here are the two super-easy steps you need to take in order to win (once you’ve completed these two steps, there is an option to earn a bonus entry as well):
Disclaimer: We received the bag in the previous review complimentary from Standard Luggage to review and because we loved it so much, we were happy to help them out promote their Kickstarter again this year. They kindly provide us one bag to give away to you guys again and we’ll be receiving their 2.0 bag to review fully later in the year. All opinions are, as always, our own.
BOOKMARK ON PINTEREST: