With this recipe, you can make your own bread quick and easy. With just flour and yoghurt. Perfect when travelling! Want to know how? Keep reading… I’m so excited about this recipe. As a bread lover, I always find it hard to find good tasting and fresh bread while travelling. As everyone knows, making bread yourself isn’t that easy and usually involves a bread making machine and lots time sitting and waiting. Two things you probably don’t take with you when exploring new places.
But Jamie Oliver came up with a brilliant idea for making your own flatbreads. Using just flour and yoghurt. They’re quick to make, you bake them in a pan and can eat it straight away.
Easy Flatbreads Recipe
- 500g (17,6 ounces, little over 2 cups) self-raising flour
- 500g (17,6 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon (sea)salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
How to Prepare
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix until you have a dough (add a little bit more flour if it’s too wet)
- Dust your work surface and knead the dough to bring it together, divide the dough into 12 equal-sized balls
- Dust a rolling pin with flour (a glass will do fine as well, or just flatten with your hands) and roll the pieces of dough out into side-plate sized rounds
- Use a knife to make a couple of vertical lines in the middle of the breads
- Put a pan on a high heat until hot
- Cook each flatbread for a couple of minutes per side, until slightly puffy and lightly charred
- Serve with a olive oil/oregano/garlic mixture or a dip of your choice
Let me know when you make them and if love them just as much as I do!